IHN is currently accepting applications for the following positions.
You can apply through this form. Applications are due by December 20th.
Volunteer Position: IHN Learning Institute Coordinator
We are seeking graduate students (MD, PhD, Masters) to help students develop a holistic framework to approaching disease. IHN employs a 3-week online training program where about 20 students learn about a disease through interactive discussions with 8-10 professionals. These professionals are well-experienced in their respective fields. Please see the curriculum of the 2013 Training Program on TB for a sample curriculum.
Being an IHN Learning Institute Coordinator is a rewarding experience where you have the opportunity to develop a unique and instructive program for students who would like to learn more about disease. Our students consist mostly of pre-medical students, although others are warmly welcome to apply to the program.
Each IHN Learning Institute will run at approximately the following times:
|TB Learning Institute||June 16 – July 7, 2014|
|AIDS Learning Institute||June 23 – July 14, 2014|
|NTD Learning Institute||June 30 – July 21, 2014|
During a 3-week timespan, students will watch pre-recorded lectures and attend Q&A sessions with lectures.
Each Learning Institute will have 2-3 IHN Learning Institute Coordinators who will work together to run the institute. The Executive Board of IHN will be on-hand to answer any questions.
As a Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Find lecturers ranging from field such as anthropology to policy to lecture about disease
- Pre-record their lectures through CiscoWebEx during Spring 2014, during the months prior to the learning institute
- Select about 20 students for the training program
- Coordinate 30-45 minute Q&A sessions with students and the lecturers
- Track student progress through the 3-week Learning Institute
- Provide comments to at least one out of the three reflections that students submit, so that the reflection is prepared for posting on IHN’s online blog
Volunteer Position: Director of R&D – Chronic Diseases
We are seeking a student with a fervent ardor for making a difference in global health disparities to join the IHN Team.
As the Director of Research & Development – Chronic Diseases, your responsibilities include:
- Develop future courses geared toward chronic diseases (e.g. Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity)
- Attend and contribute to all IHN Team meetings
- Research relevant organizations that work on chronic diseases
Volunteer Position: Director of Public Relations
IHN seeks a passionate student who would like to make a difference in global health. As a public relations officer, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Generate publicity about IHN’s Learning Institute to recruit students
- Develop Brochures and Flyers
- Maintain IHN’s Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts
Volunteer Position: Director of IT
IHN is seeking a Director of IT with technical experience in web development who is passionate about doing work for a global cause. Your responsibilities would include the following:
- Take ownership of an online e-learning platform currently under development
- Maintain this website
- Serve as technical consultant
Applicants must have general skills in web development and management, with basic experience in HTML and PHP/MySQL set-ups. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in online learning and/or video distribution.